Call for Abstracts
With the trend of thoughtfully resuming activities, HEMI is excited to solicit applications for an online reconnection of the higher education makerspace community this Fall. Applications are open now for brief abstracts in these topics and others, looking beyond the pandemic response:
- New initiatives: purpose, plans, & outcomes
- The role of on-line videos: training, outreach, & operations
- Institutional impact: refining the makerspace vision & mission
Join your colleagues in a live video conference for an engaging virtual discussion on Friday, November 12, 2021 at 11am-12pm (EST). Extended abstracts and pre-recorded 15 minute presentations will be made available for viewing by November 5. The discussion session will be moderated by a HEMI member from the event committee. Following this event, the recordings of the discussion session will be posted on the ISAM website for reference by those with schedule or time zone conflicts.
Brief abstracts of <400 words were due by Friday, October 15, 2021.
From those submissions, invitations to present will be sent out no later than Friday, October 22.
Presenters will provide extended abstracts and recorded talks will be due by Friday, November 5, and will be made available online prior to the discussion session on Friday, November 12.
- Marlo Dreissigacker Kohn, Stanford University email@example.com
- Jonathan Hunt, Massachusetts Institute of Technology firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diana Haidar, Carnegie Mellon University email@example.com
- Vincent Wilczynski, Yale University firstname.lastname@example.org
- James McGuffin-Cawley, Case Western Reserve University email@example.com