Workshops will be offered at ISAM 2022 on Wednesday, Nov 9, 2022 (with each activity requiring pre-registration, capacity limited to 50 attendees):
|Additional Activities||Early Bird||Regular
|ISAM 101 Workshop: Design, Build, and Manage a Makerspace||$135||$200|
|ISAM 102 Workshop: Makerspace Equipment for Prototyping||$135||$200|
|Additional activities have limited capacity and there will be no registration at the door. Prior registration is required for admittance. No exceptions.|
ISAM 101 Workshop: Design, Build, and Manage a Makerspace
When: November 9; 9a-1pm including lunch
Where: Georgia Tech Invention Studio.
Thought leaders and practitioners from the Higher Education Makerspace Initiative will cover fundamental principles of successful makerspaces such as:
- Understanding the general types and their pros/cons,
- The importance of culture and community
- Assessing impact/justification
- Staffing and training models
- Optimizing access while minimizing boundaries
- Creating effective safety systems
- Understanding safety and complementary policy, insurance, legal and regulatory issues
ISAM 102 Workshop: Makerspace Equipment for Prototyping
When: November 9; 12p-4p including lunch
Where: Georgia Tech Invention Studio and HIVE
Groups will rotate amongst equipment categories (e.g., 3d printing, PCB prototyping, laser cutting, metal cutting, woodworking) and learn the capabilities as well as pros and cons.
Industry representatives, student leaders, and conference organizers will host.